The History Center at Courthouse Square, sponsored by the Berrien County Historical Association, includes a historic site featuring the Midewest's oldest surviving county government complex. The 1839 Greek Revival Courthouse, 1870 Sheriff's Residence and county jail plaza and the 1860/1873 County Office and Records Building take visitors back to Berrien County's first seat of government. Also included on the site are an 1830 log house and a reproduction 1890's blacksmith shop. The museum features permanent and special exhibits about the development of the region. The archives houses early Berrien County probate marriage, death and other county records and collections for genealogists and other researchers. The Museum Store offers Memberships available. Open all year: Oct - May M-F, 10-5; June - Sept M-Sat., 10-5. For more information or to schedule a group tour, please call 269-471-1202 or visit the website www.berrienhistory.org.